Saturday, December 20, 2008

Penneshaw bay and the mainland



I have finally found time to paint something small in my sketchbook.
We are here at Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island having arrived on the first ferry this morning, after packing the red ute we arrived and had to unpack it again!
A glass of lovely D'Arenberg Dry Dam riesling with our ham sandwich for lunch followed by a piece of the best Christmas cake I have made and a small nap and all is well with what will probably be a very fat making week!!
We had a lovely trip over watching the small dolphins playing around the boat and going at incredible speeds, leaping out of the water and generally showing off.
No scanner so I will have to take photos of what I paint, this is done in a very small sketchbook from Dick Blick which I bought when we were in America, San Francisco I think.
I will try to get something done every day this week.

No comments: