Sunday, September 14, 2008

Last night


A bit more excitement than I needed last night, a fire started in my grand daughters bedroom in the house on the property that my daughter and son in law live in. Luckily it was confined to the one bedroom. Unluckily her precious cat was in the room.
About 5 fire appliances, 2 police cars, at least one ambulance as well as other assorted fire vehicles.
No one had been in the house for several hours and as far as we can work out a not on but not unplugged blow heater started the blaze.
The house is a dreadful mess after black acrid smoke went through it, and nothing very salvageable left in the bedroom.
This is a not very good sketch of what I remember.

3 comments:

Hashi said...

Oh my Penny! What a scare! I never believed that plugged in appliances could start a fire ... ack!! I am so glad you are all OK.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

That's a warning for everyone about appliances. What a story, and what happened to the cat?
w.

Annie said...

So sad, Penny. One doesn't expect an appliance that is turned off to start trouble. If it hurt the kitty, I am so sorry.
annie