Wednesday, January 07, 2015

After the fire

These are the sort of pictures we are seeing on our tv screens every night. Horrendous. 36 houses lost so far, still no power or water for so many of the people who have managed to get back to their so far unburnt houses. A very nasty day today very hot with much stronger winds. Not nice down here and I constantly walk from one side of the house to the other looking for smoke. Perhaps we will get some relief from the heat and some promised rain. the show for Sunday has been postponed. Very sensibly I think as even if the weather has cooled down and it has rained there are still people with ponies in those areas and who wants to go to a show under these circumstances. To keep busy in the heat I am tidying drawers!

4 comments:

MorningAJ said...

I hope you get rain soon. I've seen reports on our TV and you can tell it's pretty awful. Stay safe!

Julie said...

Oh no. Terrible news. Praying for rain for you guys!

Jennidee Mills said...

I can sympathise ... I'm from Winmalee, that was my October last year!

Dortesjs said...

beautiful, great work