Wednesday, August 07, 2013

I have a cold

feeling very off and am reduced to this, a collection of broken shells in a matchbox by my chair to sketch.
I dont get colds often and when I do I am not a good patient.
I caught it from john.
I was supposed to go to Adelaide with him today to visit a friend and go to a couple of exhibitions. my head aches and I feel wizzy so not a good day for a 3 hour round trip. and I dont want to pass this wretched cold on.
Coughing and my throat is tight.
to top it all off the little mare who foaled on Monday night died yesterday afternoon, heart attack we think as no sign of a struggle, leaving us with an orphan foal to raise.
Poor Sarah wont have much sleep for a while but at least it was a big healthy foal.
All too horrid to think about, but it is part and parcel of breeding anything and we have on the whole been very lucky.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

PamelaB said...


I am so sorry, Penny,best wishes for your speedy recovery and the future of the foal.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Sorry to hear about the foal and it's really uncomfortable having a bad cold. With the rainy weather and cool nights we are still coughing a bit, but need to get better as we have booked to go to Fiji and Tonga in a couple of weeks time - a wedding, then to stay with our youngest son and his family in Nukualofa for a week.