Tuesday, August 19, 2014

From my small sketchbook

I always carry a small spiral sketchbook with a pen in the spiral in my hand bag. These are a few of the sketches I did while flying or waiting for people. The first two were done as we flew from Adelaide to Coolangatta. over the River Murray and over the hinterland behind the Gold Coast. Then while waiting for a coffee on Tedder Avenue, a flowering Gymea lily and from the Botanic Park some lichen on a tree trunk. No colour but a nice reminder of the time away. At the moment I am trying to sort out all I have to do before going to Melbourne tomorrow, instructions for the house sitter, cat to the cattery, pack and hope I have all for the classes at the Art Event in Melbourne. Still lots to do, not sure how much blogging I will manage while we are away.

2 comments:

MorningAJ said...

I love your quick sketches and I wish I had the courage to capture something so simply. I always go overboard.

So I've bought a small sketchbook and I'm planning to take it on holiday with me to see how many pictures I manage to capture.

Wish me luck!

Julie said...

You know, I really love your PEN drawings.