Thursday, May 08, 2008

Not Just a doorway


I rather liked this house with its bits of lovely tiles on the top of everything, actually I rather liked the Spanish style houses. I doubt very much if I will ever get to Spain to actually see them so was delighted to sketch them in southern California.
The mix of palms, cactus and Australian trees and shrubs was interesting as well.
Probably nothing tomorrow as I will be in Adelaide, the closest I can get to seeing my mother for mothers day which is on Sunday.
I am being taken out for lunch, not by my children but by the man who made me a mother.
I suppose that is fair enough all my girl children will be being made a fuss of by their children or at least I hope so.

1 comment:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Penny, this is a very pretty picture. Mother's Day - well we were going in a gang to Smorgies - about 17 Fiji people....but when I rang this morning, it's booked out and they said, maybe pot-luck by 1.30 p.m. but I don't think so, after everyone has breathed on the eat-as-much-as-you-like food!
w.