Sunday, November 16, 2008

Part of the Anchorage


Two posts in as many days, this must be a record for a while any way.
I sat with my little sketchbook out while John ordered the coffee this afternoon. Not sure why things are looking a bit soft in these sketches, they normally look brighter.
Any way enthused by going to see two art shows today, one which was absolutely outstanding at Strathalbyn, part of the Fleurieu Biennale curated by friend and well known artist David Dridan it was beautifully presented in the town hall and the paintings, sculpture and basketry were fantastic. Would have dearly liked to have bought something but alas no money.
Any way a lovely day and finally I think I am achieving something here as well, I have cut out 10 bodies and 10 sets of wings , so small Christmas presents are on their way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice reminds me of a postcard.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Soft is nice, better than my bull-at-a-gate way of looking of soft petals in flowers!
w.