Friday, March 27, 2009

The golf course at Capricorn Resort Yeppoon Queensland


While John and Jill hit buckets of balls I sat on the top veranda at the Golf course and sketched and then drew it. Imagine my surprise when I had finished it to look up and see three Brolgas, large grey native cranes, feeding along the edge and then stalking across the middle.
The golf challenge that was played on this, the Championship course the next day was played with great difficulty as no one had told them it was closed for renovations, even though it had been booked last December.
I have to say this was quite typical of this particular resort, rooms that became swamps and were not particularly clean, not terribly good quality food and generally for what was paid very disappointing.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I like this one very pretty.