Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The cattleya in the sun room

 
Posted by Picasa
This normally lives in the shade house but comes in at this time of the year so that it gets a little more warmth. It looks magnificent, there are a lot more flowers than I managed to get into this sketch. Shame we will miss it while we are away but the house sitter will be able to enjoy it. It does have a perfume, but it is a little like the sort of stuff they use in public toilets! Could be better. Still cold and damp, we have had days of drizzle and low cloud. I finally washed the towels and they are still pretty wet but into the sun room they go, I hope we get some sun tomorrow. We are heading up to Adelaide tomorrow, quite a full day but I am pleased that J and I managed to catch the Wyandotte pair tonight and put them in with my laying hens, where they were has got disgusting with all the wet, they are only very young but they look huge beside the other hens. Not many eggs from the layers at the moment and they will all be shut in when we are away so I needed a few days to make sure all are ok. Not a lot of sketching being done but I am knitting which is keeping my hands and fingers moving.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful!!!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Beautiful sketch Penny - would like to smell the plant too. Enjoy your time away.

Wanda..... said...

Love the sketch, Penny!