Sunday, June 10, 2012

Walking on the beach today

 
Posted by Picasa
We finally went for a long walk over near Pt Elliot today. The sea was pretty dirty as we have had days of easterly winds and this has blown water from the Murray River towards where we were. A lot of dead things on the beach we dont usually see, crabs, sea urchins and starfish and I found two lovely small abalone shells and whoo hoo! a bright orange cowrie. This one was very orange and shiny and almost newly minted. Such a thrill to find a cowrie at any time but I have never found one here. We have had big seas lately too so a lot of seaweed piled up. I came home and sketched my finds. Made a not so good day a lot brighter. (The sun helped too).

2 comments:

Julie said...

That bright orange cowrie is a good luck shell for you!!! Beautiful sketch!!!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Sounds a good day to me Penny. Wish you could send some of that sun over here - we are sorely in need of it.