Sunday, September 16, 2012

Not a lot of time for painting

 I am doing a lot of writing and pasting images in my home made book but there has been very little time to paint.
we are having a bit of a lay day today, an early morning walk and a dinner ncruise on the Katherinr river up the gorges.
I did the first one while we were still in kakadu, some of the dyed parndanus used in weaving I was gicen at Oenpeli in arnhemland and a sketch of the spirit woman which was in our room, just pencil over a background of a tea bag.
The leaves I picked up on my walk this morning and usinf them as stencils I put a mix of tea bag and coffee over them and then painted in the details a lot of fun but all this travelling and walking in 37 degree heat gets a bit much for us old people!
For photos go and look on my back valley seasons blog.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

MorningAJ said...

I really like those leaf pictures. Very suitable, with autumn happening soon.

Jo Murray said...

You've done well Penny... in that heat. I'd be heading straight for bed after a day out.