Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 3 of colour me positive challenge

I have been having a bit of fun with these challenges, it is free to join, google it. The quote this week was Live Life and we could put in a bit from a song. I used a bit of one of David Bowies as it seemed somehow appropriate. This is stretching me, I am only using an A5 book, an Indian hand made paper one, it has lovely thick paper for painting. I am tending to do layers, probably a bit too subtle on this one to see but I am not very good at coming up with fresh new ideas so this is pushing me beyond my comfort zone. Not a bad thing. I hope I can keep up with the full 52 weeks.There are some amazing pages being done. Getting hotter, we walked early this morning. Yesterday was the local Young stock show for our Welsh ponies. We did nothing in one ring, he obviously didnt like us or our ponies but well in the other, 2 reserve champions and a champion.Very hot, a long way to go, not the best grounds and I think we will seriously think about not going next year. A shame but this is such a hot time of the year, it is not easy getting stock ready and it coincides with the cycling Tour Down Under and cyclists are out every where, not much fun negotiating them on the Adelaide hills roads.

No comments: