Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Paris sketches



Gargoyles and bits off Notre Dame, I just love the gargoyles and could have spent all day sketching bits and pieces but of course when you are walking and have limited time you dont spend a lot of it sketching, usually only when i needed to draw breath and rest the aching knee.
The day we went to the Musee de O'rsay it was wet so there was a huge crowd wanting to go in so this again was a quick impression of people under umbrellas which some enterprising young men were busy trying to sell umbrellas to, when the sun came out it was bottled water!
Then the view from the little bistro we tended to have dinner at, just the very typical old french style houses which are so charming, and which John tells me are the optimum height for a city, anything higher is not nice and lower doesnt utilise the land properly.
I loved the chimney pots too, infact I loved the whole bit about our stay in Paris and would recommend the Marais area to any one, close to so much and not too expensive.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hello Penny - thanks for your nice chatty comment on my blog and thankyou also for sharing your trip to Paris with us. I really should carry a sketchbook like you and practice drawing - I might improve if I did! I always want to draw the most complicated things and you can't get much more complicated than Celtic designs. I am cheating at present and tracing some and have transferred others onto fabric to be stitched. If they turn out OK they'll go in the book - if they don't I shall go very quiet on the subject!!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Again Penny you have managed to capture the essence in your sketches. Maybe it is the speed at which you have to do them when you are on the move most of the time - i wish I could produce something like this.

prashant said...

I might improve if I did! I always want to draw the most complicated things and you can't get much more complicated than Celtic designs. I am cheating at present and tracing some and have transferred others onto fabric to be stitched. Work From Home