Monday, October 18, 2010

Blue Chooks


They were not supposed to be so blue but the sketchbook I used has very porous paper and it dried in seconds so I couldnt really get the wash I was hoping for.
Still they are fun and I think I am beginning to get the 'feel' for drawing them.
They really are crazy things.
A quick play between housework, to ease my back and knee.
Another short poem of Roger McKnight's.

New Ways
The children gone
from too simple a farm,
against her old way.
it's the wife, not the man,
who, to keep them all warm,
goes to let his dog in.

10 comments:

Julie said...

Ain't that poem oh so true! These chickens are adorable...and I like the blue...very bright and cheery! You ARE getting them down...I love all your chicken art!

Wanda..... said...

I love the soft plumpness in the Chooks and the touch of sadness in the poem.

Kelly said...

...I like the blue! Before I read your text I reacted to the blue thinking it was really neat...

Lins Artyblobs said...

I like the blue too.

annie said...

I just love these Chooks, Penny. So much personality!

Hope the knee is feeling better.

annie

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Cheerful chookies and they barrack for Geelong it seems. Nice free kind of painting.
Wendy
I've just got hold of an old-fashioned nib pen and a bottle fo blue ink someone had given to Donation in Kind and we can't really send it overseas so I'll have a go with it.

ArtPropelled said...

Your chook painting is really charming and I don't mind the colour at all. In fact it is rather eye catching. Sorry about the knee though at least you can decide what to do about it now that you know that it's b......d.

Julie Oakley said...

This is really lovely. Those tiny splashes of red and yellow in a glorious sea of blue.

Gwen Buchanan said...

great painting and wonderful poem...
hope your knee feels better... don't work too hard.. easy to say but not so easy to do... I know... take care and I love those chickies!!!

Along These Lines ... said...

I like your chooks, very colourful