Thursday, October 14, 2010

Carving a new stamp


I am really into birds at the moment, and as I have to sketch a bird before I carve a stamp I suppose this sort of qualifies for this blog. I havent really had a lot of time for anything at the moment, I feel frustrated as I am getting so little done and feel tired all the time.
This was a practice stamp on a piece of paper I had used for spraying and painting onto so there are a few splodges that shouldnt be there but on the whole I am quite pleased with this little bird.
It looks a bit like our blue wrens that are all over the garden this year, I think it must have been a very good year for those who nest in this garden, there are baby birds every where.
We seem to be having a bit of rather changeable weather, not too bad today but going back to winter tomorrow if the weather man is right.
I havent watched much of the Commonwealth Games but I did manage to see both the marathons, I dont know how they do it but it was nice to see we got a silver in the men's, with Kenyans on either side and a bronze in the women's with the women ahead both being from Kenya, it must be such a thrill for people from Kenya to have such runners, although I heard today that they mostly come from one area where there is a priest who trains them. The pain they all go through to win is far more than I would ever want to do.

5 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Penny, your mentioning of feeling tired all the time stood out to me. Have you had a blood test for a thyroid problem? About 6 months ago, I found myself saying the same, often. It was a low functioning thyroid...one little pill cured it within a few days.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

The bird looks lovely against the mottled kind of colour.
The weather here is strange - warm one day, cool the next and an outrageously tropical rain storm damaged the new part of the Geelong High School library. The old buildings - well, not a drop got in!
Re knees and things - I find that a swim and spa does wonders.
Wendy

Julie said...

Pretty little birdy!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Yes I agree about the pain Penny - all those athletes have been so single minded. I was thrilled to see our young diver, Tom Daly, do so well.

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Oh, I have great timing! lol. Lovely birds everywhere! I really like your rubber stamp and the sketched bird above. Lucky you to have so many baby birds to inspire you:)

PS: Hope they knee problem is nothing more than a passing hassle!