Saturday, October 13, 2007

End of the bed


I hadnt done any sketching and felt I should at least have a try so in true Everyday Matters style I sat in bed and drew the end of it. Of course in typical fashion I hadnt left enough room as instead of blocking the whole thing in I started at one end and then couldnt quite get the last post all in. well it does at least give an idea of what it looks like when sitting up in bed. An old iron bed in original condition, cream enamel and nickle plate, not taken back and brassed as so many were in the 70's.
While doing this I realised that all the fancy bits are on the other side.
It is a comfortable double bed, although we have both got a bit fatter we still manage to fit into it very well and get lost when put into queen or king size beds, although we dont fit as well into a single as we once did.
Probably more information than you ever wanted to know.

1 comment:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Too much information? No! In Australia we are fortunate to have such comfortable furniture. In some countries some people sleep on hard floors. One house I once visited in Suva was so crowded that one of the guys slept UNDER a bed!
w.