Thursday, January 26, 2012

Quick sketches


Not brilliant I know, idid these while listening to the Cologne Chamber Orchestra last week. I had terrible trouble seeing well and I am neither good at faces that move or musical instruments!
It was fun to try.
Again while waiting for a dressing on my toe in the local surgery (boring and more boring and I wish the wretched thing would get better!) I did these leaves and nuts and a dead agapanthus head in the little garden I was sitting next to in the waiting room.
Today is Australia Day.
I am proud to be an Australian, 3rd generation on my fathers side, we live in a lovely but terrifying at times country, and are very lucky to live where we live and not in many other places, we might have floods and fires but on the whole we are generous and I hope welcoming to those from other countries.
As usual there are few new citizens to welcome.
We went in early to see who had won this year and thank goodness the speeches were kept to a minimum and it all went off very smoothly. We had the local city band, were infront of the horse barn which really isnt for horses but for the trams that ply across the causeway to Granite Island pulled by a Clydesdale horse. The causeway is due for a major repair so unfortunately it will be closed from the end of January for a while, not quite sure how long, a shame as this is one of the towns major attractions.
Still cool today thank goodness. I am getting a few more hoses on during the day while I can.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I had just read about the recipients of the 2012 Australian Day Awards. I exchange mail with another blogger that lives in Noosa Heads, Queensland.

Jo Murray said...

Hoses! I can send you some water Penny.. we've had over 10" rain in the last week... and there's more to come.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Oh I love drawings with musical instruments!! so alive...