Sunday, December 23, 2007

Antechamber Bay, Kangaroo Island


I painted this this morning sitting on a low sand dune, while John fished (and caught two nice little mullet) and Jill walked. Not a lot of difference between sea and air and I took a photo so its not the same as using the scanner. It seemed to wash out the centre and the right side.
I didnt quite have the right colours as I was using a very limited palette and a few things happened to it that were not supposed to, but I rather like the very mistyness of it.
Holiday mode is to the fore, we are walking, eating, sleeping, playing pool and drinking we hope in moderation!
I have another painting I would like to do tomorrow but I have to go to Kingscote and shop while Jill and John play golf so we will see and we have friends in tomorrow night. The cook has responsibilities!!

7 comments:

Lin said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOURS, PENNY!!! LOVE THIS SCENE --especially the wet in wet ...!!!! GOOD JOB!

Donn said...

Wonderful, Penny. Love the misty look too. Looks like a nice place to be. Hope you enjoyed the fish.
A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

I think this is really lovely...very soft and misty.. and I really like the palette you used...really a treat for the eyes!....deni.....;)

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

A very unusual effect here. Nice going. Have a lovely Christmas. My daughter-in-law wants to do most of the cooking so that's fine. I think it's kebabs, prawns, kokoda (raw fish in coconut cream) etc.
w.

Lynn said...

This is beautiful, Penny, I really like the effect of the sky and sea blending into one another so softly. It looks like a wonderful place.

Anonymous said...

You've captured a beautiful atmosphere Penny - well done. Have a safe and very merry Christmas on the Island!

Penny said...

you to you all and a very Happy Christmas to you all.