Monday, March 24, 2008

Pub on a corner in Melbourne

I hope every one had a lovely Easter. I had a very busy one with the Mixed media exhibition to set up and man, 11 for lunch on Sunday and today taking down the exhibition which was a great success. I made $205 which was great.
I had very little time to draw or paint, visitors etc take up all available time but tonight I did sketch this pub that I had taken a photo of in Melbourne while we were there in Brunswick st I think. My light pole is decidedly wonky and so is one side of the road but I loved the black and white tiling around the base and the look of the whole rather seedy establishment.
I have walked, had breakfast with an old school friend and generally had a satisfactory but tiring long week end.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Congratulations on the sales. I'd love to paint this pub! Glad you had a good Easter too. Take care.

Since my camera connection has been broken, I have just been writing on my blog. However, I am still drawing everyday. And my french easel is in the car.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

The corner pubs in Melbourne would be a delight to draw. Do you remember when I described one in Carlton that was all distressed paint outside but bling chandeliers inside inside?
What a busy weekend you had. We had a cool change at last and even rain last night so I feel heaps better.
w.