Saturday, February 16, 2008

Red bellied black snake


This is not a very good sketch but it is hard to sketch an actively moving snake and a dead one doesnt look all that good. It was about 18 inches long and in our sitting room.
Very hot today after a few weeks of relatively cool weather.
I am sorting out one of the spare rooms, it had a double bed and a single bed in it but we have taken over the double bed and so I have room for other things, when the family comes I just hope I can round up enough beds for them.
I bought at great expense ($15) a falling apart unit with drawers and shelves that I hope I can resurrect to go in there. At least now I can get into the clothes cupboard.
We are off to Melbourne for a few days on Monday so I am getting ready for that.

1 comment:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Are you kidding!!! You actually drew a live moving snake in your house?
We're shifting a bit of furniture around too - put a single bed in the outside office if someone comes to stay overnight. One of the bedrooms in the house is now a computer etc.
Next week looks like it will be really really busy and I still hope to get up to Melbourne on Thursday to see the quilts. Also I'll go to Melbourne on Tuesday for a gig in Federation Square about our grandmothers and great-grandmothers signing a petition in 1891 about getting the vote for women.
w.