Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sketching Houses


I found in my friend Paddy's bookshelves a wonderful book called David Gentleman's Britain yesterday and I love the way he sketches and paints so although this is Britain I am copying some of his sketches.
I want to get proficient at fast sketching before we go away and I want things that i like at the moment.
I was in Adelaide all day yesterday, visiting my mother and Paddy and we were not home late but I sat up watching a new British who dunnit set in Oxford, I think I would prefer Cambridge my fathers old University but Oxford is ok.
To day I visited a friend, we havent seen each other for ages and as John didnt need the car I took advantage of it. She is going overseas just after us but a much more interesting tour, albiet with jersey cows. So we compared notes on what painting and sketching stuff we were taking with us. Lucky girl she is going to the UK and Jersey Island.

2 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

I'll try again without so many spelling errors!
It would be good to ompare notes on what art things to take when going somewhere - pencils, sketchbook, pastels, paints? I just have a pencil case with biros, 2B pencils, sharpener, coloured pencils and an A4 sketchbook.That goes everywhere in case I see something interesting.
Jersey- my Mum's ancestor was a Hugonaut who lived in Jersey.