Sunday, March 11, 2007

Goolwa Wooden Boat Show.


Today was magic day, we walked our legs off at the wooden boat show, went over at about lunch time, found a park and walked, got something to eat and then wandered, I took loads of photos of the paddle steamers and other wooden boats in the sail past,then we wandered around and looked at them tied up, One for sale I would have loved but didnt bother to ask the price!! We met up with friends, we drank wine had coffees and watched them making boats from scratch, it was such fun.
After yesterdays heat it was cool the odd scud of rain but not enough to worry any one, and a bit windy, but lovely. I sat up on one of the board walks andsketched this lovely little sailing boat.
Reminded me a bit of 'Swallow' in Swallows and Amazons.

6 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Nice free confident drawing.
You had a wooden boat show too! There's one in Geelong this weekend but I haven't been down to have a look. We just drove past after sunset when we returned from Melbourne.

Julie Oakley said...

This is really lovely. I'm glad you had such a good day.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. You've captured such spirit here in these lines

And I, too, thought of the Swallow before you even mentioned her! (Such wonderful, wonderful books - the whole series...)

Alison said...

Lovely sketch - Finnian would have loved to see this show but she spent the weekend canyoning - not that she really has time for that - she is being worked so hard.

Anonymous said...

Did you see any of the PD Racers?
http://pdracer.blogspot.com/
and perhaps can show a photo?

Penny said...

Hi anonymous, I did take some photos but they are on my other blog http://backvalleyseasons.blogspot.com
Look in the links it is there. I couldnt find photos of them sailing tho, sorry.