Saturday, March 10, 2007

Netball Clinic

While Sarah had people coming to look at ponies I took Isabelle aged nearly 15 over to the regional netball clinic at Myponga, this is quite an honour as only the best from each team are selected.
When I got there it was hot but I found a shady plane tree and sat under it and thank goodness a bit of a breeze. I then discovered I only had a pencil with me so these are a bit faint.
trying to draw them was an exercise initself as they move so fast. My figures still dont get any better.
we came home on the back unmade roads so now have a very dusty car.
Have a friend staying tonight, I hope it cools down as it was another stinker, most unusual, very cold overnight and then wham, it got hot.

2 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Keep up the drawing of people, Penny, and you will find it easier each time. I find that you need to find the weight of the body first and put in a line following the backbone, a kind of skeleton framework rather than look at outlines. Of course I'm not an expert at figures -the ones I did of dancers yesterday are all out of proportion!
w

Julie Oakley said...

Nonsense Penny, they do get better. This has to be the most difficult thing to attempt drawing and weget a real feel of the day.