Saturday, August 15, 2009

Peacock feather


John brought this peacock feather in today, said it would make a good quill, I have been working hard all day and finding something to sketch was the last thing on my mind, but now that I have worked out how to scan pencil sketches so you can see them this is what I did. A nice quick sketch.
I spent most of the day moving work rooms around as I am doing an on-line lino cutting course and I really didnt have any where suitable to cut so I have now moved things around, of course my sewing room now needs to be tidied up too as the newest machine was in that room. I can hardly move but some how things get done!
For photos see my other blog here.
An absolutely awful day hot, far too hot for this time of the year, nearly 25 degrees and high northerly (hot) winds. It has dried stuff out terribly and the pots have had to be watered.
Tonight's Haiku is by Buson

A red moon goes down
late in the west...
Shadows flow eastward
and vanish.

1 comment:

ArtPropelled said...

I do like your quick feather sketch. Looking forward to seeing what you do after your linocut course.