Monday, July 27, 2009

Not a painting


But an assemblage not finished but just put down to see what it looked like.
Tomorrow we go to Adelaide to a funeral, but also to go and see if I can get a chuck for my dremel so that I can finally bore some holes to hold it all together.
A bit of found drift wood, a found spark plug and washer while wandering around the sheds and a precious bit of copper sheet. I think it will go together nicely, then I am not sure what I will do with it!
Just something I have wanted to play with for ages.
My Haiku for today is another by Basho and reminds me of the many beautiful old weathered shinto shrines we visited on our visits to Japan, always set back against a hill if possible with the most beautiful old trees around them.
Over the ruins
of a shrine,
A chestnut tree
still lifts its candles.

1 comment:

ArtPropelled said...

Love the assemblage!
The haiku brings a lovely picture to mind.