Friday, July 17, 2009

Ruined farmhouse near Mannum


There are a lot of these deserted and falling down farmhouses in the Mallee and around the river. Times are hard in those areas but at least this one was built of stone, they decay quietly and with a certain charm but the ones made of timber and galvanised iron only manage to look unsightly.
Even the trees around this one were dead and yet there was a brilliant view over the river.
I have been going back over some of my older posts and in some instances think I have gone backwards in my sketching from those early ones, unfortunately I seem to be saying mostly the same things, wet and cold and muddy or no rain. I do hope that this summer I am complaining about too much rain!

1 comment:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I love your little sketches Penny - they have a spontaneity which is charming. There is something so sad about ruined and deserted houses - particularly farm houses, isn't there?