Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Three succulents


I have an extensive collection of succulents that come into the sun room in winter and liven the place up. At the farmers market there is a girl who tempts me every second week with new delights. Another collection I suppose.
I have had one of those days, in which everything I was going to do has not worked out, cant find things that I should be able to lay my hands on have gone heaven knows where.
It poured with rain this morning we had a very short sharp and hard thunderstorm in the early hours of the morning and now the sun is out.
So I sat in the sun room in the sun for a few minutes and sketched these.
Pen and pencil in my small A6 sketchbook.

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

We all have those kind of days! I love succulents - used to have a lot years ago and when I see them now in garden centres I wonder whether to start a collection again.
Sit in the sun, Penny, and let the world drift over you - tomorrow is another day.

Celeste Maia said...

Who doesnt have days when nothing seems to work? The best thing is to do exactly what you are doing, sketch and enjoy the sun.
I take my dog and we go walking. Today I posted the wild beach near me where we start our days. After being there nothing can affect me, I become immune to the everyday grind.