Thursday, November 12, 2009

House by Berwick upon Tweed


This house is right down by the Tweed, I loved its many gables, I did wonder if it was liable to flooding being below the town walls.
We had a lovely night last night sitting on friends balcony by the sea and eating and drinking and chatting until about 10.30, catching up with the friends we met in Paris and talking about our trips, probably boring for others but fun for us.
I had forgotten I was to meet Tabby at 8 am in Woolworths this morning so there was a mad scramble to get off, and as I was going realised that Sarah was in the paddock with the young mare who had foaled, of course it was a filly and it hadnt drunk and the mare was very good but the foal was so dumb, happens sometimes and had no intention of finding her mothers udder. I had the vet out at 12.30 as it was 37 degrees by then giving it electrolytes, at 3.30. after we had moved it it suddenly got up and had a huge drink from both sides of its mother. Whew was all I could say but I didnot need this!!
I now have the airconditioner flat out, the oven on and am cooking 8 chickens, I think that will do for 40 people with all the other stuff we have and as it may well be 39 degrees by then they probably wont eat much any way.
Tomorrow I make the cooked salads, I think we are sort of under control.
Tonights Haiku is by Kubonta and sometimes I feel like this.
When the tight string
snapped, the kite fell
fluttering...then...
It lost its spirit.

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lovely little sketch Penny. Glad the foal is OK - and a filly too.
Are you having some kind of celebration - have I missed reading about it in your blog somewhere. Eight chickens in the over - golly - it is going to be some celebration. Enjoy!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hi penny, I was browsing your last few posts and I love your loose little watercolor sketches..
they are not overworked...
they have simplicity and life ...

They are Lovely!!!