Sunday, November 15, 2009

The wedding


Yesterday was my lovely youngest daughter's wedding. This was a second wedding for both and if you go to my other blog here you will see more photos and a bit more of an explanation.
The first photo she was explaining in her speech that she had actually asked him to marry her as it was a leap year!
The next is of their small daughter Millie gathering rose petals during the ceremony, and then both of them cutting the cake with a meat clever!
It was a terribly hot day, most uncomfortable but we were all dressed to be comfortable, it was a Scottish wedding of some tradition with a lot of Australian flavor mixed in. The bride looked stunning, and the groom was pretty good too and the others in the family did very well and I was proud to be the mother, grandmother, great grandmother of those who could get there ( and those who for other reasons couldnt).
The caterer (me) didnt fall in too much of a heap and there was certainly more than enough food, and even though it was a hot day the oysters my John had to open in the morning were almost all consumed, about 14 dozen of them!
Record breaking number of over 35 degree days, I dont want to count them, and more to come.
We are off to a 90th birthday in a few minutes.
Back to sketching in a day or two!

5 comments:

annie said...

A lovely Scottish wedding. What is involved in this kind of wedding? Music with bagpipes? I get all my information from THE CAT WHO mystery books that are situated near the Canadian border so I don't know what regional differences there might be. But it sounds informal and personal and homey.

Congratulations to you and your family.

annie

ArtPropelled said...

Wedding photos....yay! My daughter and I can't resist wedding photographs. It looks like a very special day and the bridal couple look wonderfull in spite of the heat.

Penny said...

Thanks Annie, yes a piper and the lot it was wonderful, but a lot hotter than I think it would ever get in the Highlands.
Thanks Robyn, it was wonderful and they are so pleased with themselves which is also so lovely.
Otherwise I suppose a really fun family, Australian affair!

Julie Oakley said...

Wow - well done you doing all that catering. She does look beautiful - really gorgeous dress

Cathy said...

Looks like a lovely wedding but I would have melted in that heat...haha. Scotland is supposed to be cooler than the rest of the country. The little girl is gorgeous and looks beautiful in her purple headress. I would have been attracted to the rose petals at that age too.