Thursday, December 24, 2009

The edge of the dunes

We went over to Antechamber bay this morning and while John fished, (not much luck again but one unlucky sandcrab came home for lunch!) I walked the wide sandy beach, not a lot to find but enough bits and pieces to keep me happy and this to paint.
There is thick scrub and a National Park at the back of this so the sand dunes rise to the scrub and all along the lower dunes this wonderful grass grows, usually blowing with the wind.
We havent done a lot,we are due out to drinks shortly, the cool weather today has made us slow and sleepy.
I picked some samphire to put into tonights salad, yummy stuff if you know where to find it.
I havebeen watching the little blue wrens out the front, they have longer tails than the ones at home, I suppose they are an Island sub species. One day I may try to paint one but they are so quick I would have to refer to some one else's photo which I am reluctant to do.
My thanks to all who read my blog, it means a lot to know someone is interested.
A Happy Christmas to you all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Penny its so strange how our weather is the same as yours everyday. Today it is thankfully cooler after yesterdays sizzling temperatures. Your morning on the beach sounds so peaceful and shows in your painting.
Have a lovely christmas! (Hopefully it will be cool)

Dauby said...

My apologies Penny for taking so long to finally peruse your blog...what lovely paintings.Todays one looks so invititing as we sit in the scottish highlands surrounded by 2 feet of snow and -7degrees.
It warms me up just to look at it.