Thursday, December 10, 2009

The tree is up and from the kitchen marvellous smells are coming



I have spent most of the morning finding all the tree decorations and all the other things that normally go into one cupboard and obviously last year had to go into two. It is only a little tree but it is the first one we ever had and it fits into a very cluttered room reasonably well.
I did the sketch of all the things on the kitchen table that were waiting to go into no 3 boiled fruit cake. One possibly two more to make.
I have had a terribly tiring few days, and so blogging has not been at the top of my list. I came home from Adelaide pretty tired and although the rain we have had has been wonderful the changeable weather does make joints ache.
My mother was really quite with it when I saw her, but it was virtually one of those drive up and almost straight home again although I did call into a friend who gave me lunch and then I decided to drive the less stressful but longer way home through the hills. I noticed as I drove in that we had another foal, I think we are up to 20 odd, far too many, and about another 2 I hope to go, although a colt got in with the fillies and goodness knows if he got many in foal or not.
I have written out almost all the Christmas cards today too, the overseas ones must go or they wont get there. I always worry that as I have written them a few will come in from people I decided not to send to this year! Much easier if we were all on the net.
I would like a new Haiku book for Christmas but I dont think I will get one.
This one is by Kubutsu
Gazing at falling
petals,
a baby almost
looks like a Buddha.


Actually at a certain age most babies look like a Buddha!


4 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Babies looking like Buddha - so right! Lovely haiku. You are way ahead of me with the decorations. I threw up some tinsel, that's all so far and though cards and an email Christmas letter are on 'today's jobs' I haven't started yet. We are busy with the script for an Indian wedding on Saturday - Peceli is the celebrant.
Wendy

ArtPropelled said...

Lol... yes little Buddha babies! Your tree looks so festive Penny. You inspire me to put mine up.Love your sketch too.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Love your lovely little tree. Sounds as though you need a good rest now Penny.

annie said...

Congrats on another foal, Penny, but I didn't realize that you were faced with this big a maternity production. How on earth can you care for that many bitsies?

You are way ahead of me on tree, decorations and cards. The sketch is lovely and quite appropriate

I agree, babies do look like a Buddha. And I always enjoy your haiku. Thank you for them.
annie