Tuesday, December 22, 2009

KI landscape

I am using picasa to put this up as I cant do it the way I normally do so I hope this works.
We have just poured our glass making friend out of the door, having fed him more than adequately I think, a fun evening full of deep and meaningful chat and moments of hilarity as well,
I hope I can see the key board as I may have had a little more to drink than normal.
This flat topped mallee is very typical down this end of the Island, most of the crops have been rept and things are drying out.
A hot day in the 40's is again forecast for tomorrow but I dont think it will be as bad as that here as the north wind tends to blow over the water and cools us down.
Still relaxing, visiting friends, bought some interesting books at the book exchange, always worth a look as so many overseas visitors come.
I am having a go at knitting some mitred squares while I can sit and concentrate, I have to say my first attempts were pulled apart! I dont think I am very good at working out new patterns, it looked deceptively simple!
I hope you who read this have a bit of time to relax and enjoy as well as prepare for family and friends.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Penny, your painting looks like the african thornveld. Is the mallee a thorntree? Blistering hot here today. I pray christmas day is cool because cooking and eating a traditional British lunch in the heat is not fun but for some reason the men expect traditional fare even if the temperature is in the 40's. I'd rather eat chilled watermelon.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lovely sketch Penny. Here's wishing you and all your family a happy Christmas.