Thursday, July 05, 2007

Christies Beach roof lines


Today I went over to Christies Beach to do some shopping, I bought a new digital camera, not sure how I like it but I still have the nikkon coolpix, this is a sony. It was on special and is a 7 mpx as against my 3.2, but I am not sure how I will get on with only a led screen and not a view finder. Cant see the screen in bright light.
Any way after yesterdays wild and very stormy weather I went over to take some photos and do some sketching and loved these roof lines looking down the hill from the lookout. It is an old beachside suburb that still has little old fibro cottages that were beach shacks in amongst all sorts of other newer buildings. I must go back and do some more as I found some lovely hidden corners.

3 comments:

Keith said...

Nice drawing and vantage point. I wish I could toss my paints on my back and head to that spot. I think this would make an excellent painting.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Lovely view of the houses. Keep up the drawing. I'm jealous about you having two cameras! However a kind friend upgraded and gave her digitel camera to Peceli and me (we yelled a bit about who is the boss) so soon I'll be prowling around Geelong looking for odd angles.
w.

Hashi said...

Nice job Penny. I, too, have a new camera with no viewfinder and I really don't care for the screen-only idea.