Monday, October 16, 2006

Browning off

I finally got to some paints tonight because as I walked I couldnt help but think how brown everything has become, still patches of green where the heavy ground is around some dams but these hills are brown. We havent had any rain for 3 weeks, not much for our summers but not at all normal for spring.
Busy tiring day, cleaning my house! It had so much dust through it after the hot north wind days, but sounds as if we may have more tomorrow. I hope not, I have 4 friends in for dinner on Wednesday night.

4 comments:

Lin said...

VERY PRETTY, Penny -- though I certainly understand the pain and suffering of drought ... I'm hoping for rain for you!

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

So brown and it's only October! It looks like February after a dry summer. Good picture though.
Wendy

Alison said...

This is very evocative. The stands of trees are just right. We're browning off too - no Spring and hardly any winter rain.

Julie Oakley said...

I like the way you can see the brush strokes on this one