Saturday, December 02, 2006

Memory grove corner

While sitting in the car waiting to get Harry off the school bus I sketched this corner opposite. A shed, a very old holding yard one of the Memory Grove trees which is now huge and the sign post. Trees were planted along this little stretch of road to nowhere after I think the 2nd world war, maybe some from the 1st but I dont think so. Pine trees were planted, of course now some of them are betting old and dangerous so I dont know what will happen in the future. These were just the very local farmers boys who were lost not the big one in Victor.
I managed to collect Harry at 12.45 this morning I just hope I manage to do the same tonight, I feel rather weary.
Horrible day yesterday, my eyes are still full of dust, blew like mad and very dusty, a combination of dust and smoke made it look as if it might rain. No such luck.
The second cricket test is on in Adelaide, and according to the commentators it was a lovely day there so perhaps they didnt get the wind.
John describes watching cricket as worse than watching a hen laying contest, I must say yesterday was a bit slow I think the Brits want a draw after the first defeat.

3 comments:

Bonny said...

I like this drawing, Penny. Very quick nd loose, yet well done.
Hope the next few days bring you some rain.. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Alison said...

Well, I absolutely agree with John about the cricket - what a wonderful analogy. Yes, I hope the weather improves for you - it's not very nice here either.

Julie Oakley said...

I love that analogy too. Thank goodness I don't have to suffer much in the way of sports TV in this house. Lovely curving shapes in this drawing - like driftwood.