Sunday, December 31, 2006

Steam cockle train

This is what I had hoped to get up last night, somehow the foreshortening of the engine isnt quite right, actually the whole thing was harder to do than I thought and although I thought I had time to do it, suddenly it was going and I forgot to turn my camera on so had nothing to refer to.
The foal who had colic suddenly was a lot better after the vet had been and although I was up every 2 hours through the night was brighter everytime I saw her. Another, I think our last foal was born last night too on one of my forays down to the stable I looked in the paddock and there he was. Yes he, another colt. I think that makes about 10 colts and 3 or 4 fillies. I need to check my foal book.
Happy New Year to everyone, I am baking a herb loaf of bread and have made the cold cucumber soup. We are going to friends and we all bring something. Heating up at the moment.
No New Year resolutions, it is hard enough sketching everyday for any more!

2 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

That's a hard one to draw but good on you for having a go. What a busy life you lead and I hope all the horses are okay and give you a bit of a break.
Happy New Year and have a lovely party tonight. We are off to Melbourne later for a Fijian church service (serious stuff first) and then lots of laughter after midnight - maybe until 5 a.m. Peceli is currently drinking kava with an Italian friend, then we'll get tidied up and go.
W.

Julie Oakley said...

I think you've done a very good job of this and yes committing to sketching every day is quite enough! By the way have you looked back at your archives? It's really interesting to read about the changing year,