Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Cleaning out cupboards


I know that this isnt stricktly a walk, although I did my usual one with the dogs todaybut no sketch.
I spent all of the day cleaning the house and then decided to clean out the linen cupboard, hoping for a spare shelf to house some of my mothers stuff, which I managed to do, but what I had stored in there was unbelievable, I know I am a horder but this was too much! Three huge garbage bags of rags went up to my sons workshop, some were burnt, some were put in the hard rubbish, I threw out vetinary drugs that are way out of date(yes they live in there too, as well as the shoe cleaning stuff,) and was I hope quite ruthless, probably too ruthless I am not sure what rags I have left for dusting.
To morrow I am going to clean out "my" shed so I have more room while I think what I am going to do with it all. Of course this is leaving me back achy and very tired, yet again!

1 comment:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

When my mother moved into a moderate care institution, I helped sort out all her stuff, share it out with relatives as she could only take enough for a little room. I found some beautiful embroidered table clothes etc. that had hardly ever been used. They'd won prizes she later told me. I listed all the young women in the family and made up a parcel for each one. I cried a lot that week.
Keep up the drawing of your experiences and they are lovely to share.
Wendy