Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Pussy Willow catkins

I walked this evening in drizzle, but the drops of rain are very far apart. I did get wet pants at the top of my rubber boots tho as the house paddock has grown, I just hope it keeps on growing, with 4oo hungry cows to feed we need all the grass we can get.
There is supposed to be more rain tonight.
I picked these pussy willow catkins last night when I walked and found a few minutes in my busy day to draw them, all done with pencils. I am glad that the fire didnt get to these trees, I know there is a lot of discussion on willows, they are not native and they do cause havoc in waterways but these are a lovely shade tree with these huge flowers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another delight Penny. You have an amazing affinity for flowers in vases.