Monday, January 01, 2007

John

Happy New Year to you all and may you get most of the things you wish for! Couldnt possible get them all. I hope for rain, good milk prices and health, and an improvement in my sketching.
Julie suggested I look at what I had done through the year, I cringe at some of the stuff on my other blog, and some here too, but I think there is a slight improvement, occasionally!
This is John at the computer, cunningly not showing much of his face and he says I have made him too heavy, doesnt he realise that he...., well at 69 he isnt doing badly.
A lovely night last night, a hot morning and day but with a friend staying the night made it more fun. I tidied up my work room when really I was going to paint, I think I am puting it off.
My new foal is tiny and looks a bit prem but is drinking well I just hope the now forecast 2 days of 40 degrees doesnt put him back too far, he is so skinny and has to put his head up to reach the teats, and his mother is only about 11.2 hands high, if that. I am walking to check on him about 3 times a day, but am still in the Christmas spirit and eating and drinking too much good food. yummy fresh fish tonight. I think I am gaining weight not losing it.
Thank you to all of you who have encouraged me through the year with your comments, it does make me try to keep on going.

2 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Good to have a go at drawing people and you have a ready-made model right there in your household. Good. The more you draw, the better you will get at drawing people. I like the other posting of children too. Hard to catch 'em as you have to be very quick and only use a few lines.
W.

Julie Oakley said...

Well if John is that 'heavy' I don't think he has much to complain about. Drawing people who are going to see the drawing is filled with problems. Luckily my brood seem to be developing immunity to unflattering innacurate portraits