Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Kings Beach

I made a total hash of this one, very windy and after my walk I stood and did a quick painting of this but my waves looked all wrong, I painted into wet paint tried to retrieve it and got too late. Lets say it is a study of the sky and forget the rest!
So cold today I am wearing a windcheater, ridiculous.
About to feed my ponies and walk the dogs, have to be early tonight as it s the start of my beading term and John has an overlapping meeting so we have to try and get dinner at the right moment.

3 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

The sea is fine, surreal, and there's nothing wrong with those twists and turns in the water. You aren't a photographer Penny, you're a painter!
It is cool today so we had fish and chips for tea - the shop is one minute away, a Lebanese family makes the best chips in town!
w.

Anonymous said...

Spectacular.

I think this is one of my favorites of yours to date. The contrast between the strong sea and subtle sky. Wow.

This would be one to frame...

Thanks for posting it!

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous watercolour Penny. I love the sky AND the shore. You've captured a real moody feeling with this one. Beautiful.