Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Dead poppy seed heads in the garden


No they are not smoking and there is not a fire, I got a bit carried away with the background.
I seem to be having decidedly messy days at the moment, although yesterday we had a Grumpy Goddess get together in Adelaide which was great fun and they turned it into an early Birthday celebration for me.
We all sat around and worked at various projects and I now have a crow, some Christmas baubles and a pin cushion to finish.
My youngest daughter has just told me that she is re marrying on the 14th of November, not long after we get back from the UK, big excitement but it will be a lovely low key wedding on their property.
I am having lots of cold feet about this proposed trip but also excitement. I will be fine once I am on my way.
To nights Haiku is by Issa and the plum blossom here is just starting to flower.
The plum blossom's here.
"Shall I steal it?"
the moon is saying.

2 comments:

Celeste Maia said...

beautiful haiku and congratulations on your daughter's marriage in November. You are going to enjoy your trip to Europe very much. It is going to fill your eyes, you will return with lots of new ideas. Change is very important.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Penny,
Have a lovely holiday. Keep a check list and photocopy of documents, and then relax. So much to see, photograph, sketch, write stories.
Wendy