Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Doodle flower


I havent had time to do much lately but occasionally pick up a pen and try out another doodle.
Time seems to be going rather fast, today I went to Adelaide to see my mother and have my hair cut. After weeks in a wheel chair today my mother was sitting in a chair with her walker and was quite able to get around and hold a conversation, in fact she was quite cross that John hadnt come to see her.
I really do think that they try to get them into wheelchairs and then say they cant cope and have to go into the nursing home, in the last week two have gone into the nursing home and there are more wandering souls with no idea why they are there.
I found this Haiku in an old poetry book I have called 'The Worlds Love Poetry'
this is by Ukimashi who was a courtesan.

Too roomy to sit
Or lie - my mosquito net,
With my lover gone.

What a great image!

2 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Do you doodle while chatting on the phone, Penny? Thats where I create my best doodles. Perhaps you will doodle on the plane over to Europe .... and will share them when you get back.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I always enjoy your doodles Penny - I like Robyn's idea that you can doodle on the plane.