Saturday, September 26, 2009

Wild seas



At the moment we are having very wild weather and the seas have been rough and here I tried but I dont think very successfully to give the impression of what it looked like this morning. My scan came out with the colors looking a bit odd and not deep enough.
The second is again trying out some sketching practice.
I have these gorgeous great grand and grand children who are at this stage and I would love to sketch them more and give a good impression of what they are like.

More Haiku by Basho

A small hungry child
told to grind rice,
instead
gazes on moonlight.

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I love your little sketches, Penny. Hope you have finished your packing and are all set for UK

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Best wishes for a wonderful trip Penny. Yes, take your sketchbooks and a few pens and colours. There'll be time waiting for buses, planes, etc. to do drawings. And the camera can pick up lots of great details.
Wendy