Friday, September 25, 2009

Pen and ink practice



While in Adelaide the other day waiting for John I did a few exercises from Claudia Nice's book whose name I forget, something about sea any way and thought I should actually try to do a few more figures which was fun and then a wave breaking, not very good but it did re enforce some ideas I had.
I am taking a very small tin of watercolours with me and a couple of waterproof pens and a couple of small journals, so I will see what I come home with and what I have time to do.
Not long now and I am trying to get together most of what I think and hope I want. I may try to buy some paint stuff in either Paris or London, or perhaps both!
Of course the camera is going, just wish I could have afforded a new slightly higher powered camera but my small one will have to do.
My Haiku for today is again by Basho

On this well-worn stone
garlanded with
pinks of Spring...
O to drink and doze!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Haiku conjures up a relaxing image for our Spring but unfortunately Melbourne's current weather doesn't allow for dozy times outside. Enjoy your overseas venture.

ArtPropelled said...

Charming sketches, Penny.I'm glad you are taking journals, pens and paints with you.

Kelly said...

...love those little sketches (the bird is so cute!). I'm slowly getting back into art and appreciate others who are living it! Have fun in Paris....

Penny said...

Thank you for the comments, Sylvia it is the same here very wild and wet and cold.
Robyn I love those assemblages thank you for finding them and showing us.
Kelly, if you look on my other blog you will see some birds!
I intend to have fun every where!