Friday, September 11, 2009

lino cut


I thought I was being so clever with this, had made my monogram as well and then printed it upside down!
I seem to be into poppies but was relatively pleased at the way it has come out, even if the printing was a bit strange. I am very new to all of this but am having fun.
It has been a foul day here far too hot and terribly windy, more trees down across fences and in paddocks. John tells me that the mud has just been sand blasted off.
I find the Haiku I am doing today by Issa quite modern, but he lived between 1762 -1826.

The world is a dewdrop,
a dewdrop world...
it is, it is, it is what is...

3 comments:

Rachel Phillips said...

I like your sketches. When in London buy an Oyster card so that you can get around on all the public transport system easily, jumping on and off buses and use the Underground with it too. In Paris get a Paris Visite card and use it in the same way.

Celeste Maia said...

Yur woodcut is lovely. It is a wood cut, right? It looks like one. Here in Madrid it is also burning hot. I cant wait for Fall.
And the haiku is lovely. A dewdrop...
Thanks for your lovely comment. Your art is fantastic!

Candy said...

This print is very nice! I also love the haiku.