Sunday, May 02, 2010

sketchbook page


I am home.
I am terribly tired. So here is a fun page from my sketchbook.m I was thinking about Robyn Gordon's wonderful carved panels and started off with some of her shapes and sort of went from there. Go to Robyn's blog from my side bar.
The piled stones we saw in Queensland on a river bed, I love the idea of different shapes of stones piled on top of each other.
We arrived back from our few days in Melbourne, after Queensland late on Friday night.
I washed and tidied and put away and shopped all day yesterday.
Today was our Welsh Foal Show, we did very well but I did not want to get out of bed so left late, and then got terribly lost and arrived feeling even more tired and quite sick. A good hour plus away from home and lots of traffic.
Here is a bit from my new book of Haiku from Basho
Poet grieving over
shivering monkeys,
what of this child
cast out in autumn wind?

3 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lovely little sketches - I too love Robyn's wonderful art.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

What a strange haiku.
Good fun to do a page of drawings. A balance in life is work and play and we certainly need the latter.
w.

Cas Holmes said...

love the sketchbooks

Cs