Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Rocks and trees

I am not at all good at painting rocks, or trees for that matter so here is a practice run of a sketch I did on my walk this morning. It was a lovely morning but began to rain as I was coming home so I only had time for a rough sketch.
Up early and walking and walked further than yesterday again.
The fellows went off with high hopes of getting some King George whiting and so they did, they came home with 34.
We went into Pt Lincoln shopping and visiting.
It is amazing how little time one has to properly paint when on holidays, people are always doing things and wanting you to do things.
I was taken with this dead tree that was leaning out of the cliff with the land and sea behind. Because Coffin Bay is an enormous land locked bay you dont often get an uninterrupted view of the sea, mostly a bit of land or an island in the background.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful and I just love that forlorn little tree. Beautiful colors!

Hashi said...

I think your rocks are lovely.