Thursday, May 31, 2007

Strange fungi


Todays walk produced an odd assortment of fungi, small brown ones, ones that look like mushrooms but have slimy tops, slimy topped frilled ones and the tall skinny black marked ones, I dont think I would like to eat any but I believe one or two of them are sort of ok.
We had over 17 mm of rain overnight and showers all day and it has finally got cold.
I started this blog on the 2nd of June last years so tomorrow is my last day of my year of walking and sketching but I will keep up with this blog but perhaps not quite as regularly as I have.
I know if you go through you will find I have missed days as well but I have walked and sketched every day of my year, just it was not easy until we got the laptop to get stuff up every day and I am not computer savvy enough to change dates etc.
I think I would miss my regular sketches, the walks mostly happen regularly any way or the dogs would not like me.

6 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Yep, the mushies and others have come up in the past fortnight. The ones in our backyard look edible but I wouldn't try them.
Congratulations - one year gone and you've kept up the walk and sketch. Excellent.
w.

Alison said...

Congratulations on your year done - this is a very sweet little sketch.

Julie Oakley said...

Congratulations. It's been a wonderful experience sharing our walks. This is a lovely picture and a wonderful reminder of the oppositeness of our seasons. I never did paint fungi in my year and I always meant to, so I'm really glad that you did.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful fungi Penny - it's like an Enid Blyton image in watercolour. Congratulations also on your Blog's one year anniversary. Looking forward to lots more to come!

Hashi said...

Congrats, Penny ... you've met a challenge and established a new habit. Well done! I'm glad to read that you'll still be keeping me company, though.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Penny, on your year. I am so glad that you will be continuing to share your walks and sketches with us. I do like it when Julie and Alison add a landscape walk to their blogs, now. I miss their old walks & talks.
Annie