Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Green Bay


This is another painting done over at Pt Elliott in a funny little curved bay called Green Bay. I was really pleased with the way it turned out, more by good luck than good management I think but some principles of watercolour painting must be rubbing off.
It has been very wet here so a quick sketch showing the shadings, light and shade and a photo to do when i get home. I agree that it is nice to do plein air but not in these conditions.
I dont think the thermometer got over 10 degrees all day yesterday, it is so long since we have had a really cold wet winter one tends to forget what they are like, the old eiderdown came out a few days ago and on to the bed, now if anything we are having to remember which bits to stick out when it gets too hot! I dont much like doonas and we use wool blankets normally, this is a proper eiderdown and is probably about 70 or more years old.

6 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Paint quality looks good, the shapes and composition are there, and you are getting more in control of your painting Penny. What landscapes you come up with - you have an amazing variety of subject matter near Victor Harbour.
w.

Anonymous said...

This is a real goody Penny! Eveything is just lovely, no wonder you are pleased with the results. Your watercolours are just charming.

R K said...

I like the impressionistic feel of this painting. The water has real movement. I can picture it...and obviously, so can you.

Anonymous said...

I really admire the fact that you go out in any kind of weather for a stroll. I don't mind the heat, but I am a chicken when it gets cold. These are beautiful paintings, and I love the colors. The soft way the color has been applied suggests a very peaceful place. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

Nice one, Penny!

Lynn said...

I really love how you've painted the water. It's just lovely.