Friday, March 12, 2010

Shells and rocks

I picked these up yesterday morning and sketched them, a couple of rocks and some abolone shells but somehow I made a mess of posting them yesterday so it didnt happen.
I have had a few days that have been a bit messy and havent felt like doing very much. Maybe its the change in the weather.
My aches are back and my eye is worse than it was so seeing is not easy, enough to depress any one.
So I have been cooking, doing a bit of hand sewing and pulling a few weeds in the garden.
Walking by the sea at Encounter Bay has been lovely but you can only do so much.
Today we had to put down three old favorite mares so Sarah and I have been in a bit of a mess, they were 25, 27 and 28 but have been struggling and to put them through another winter just wasnt on.
They have a wealth of memories tied up in them as we got them all as youngsters.
I am not sure if I have a Haiku that sums it up but I think this one by Buson will do.
A red moon goes down
late in the west..
Shadows flow eastward
and vanish.

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

That is a sad thing to have to do, hoping tomorrow is better for you, Penny!

ArtPropelled said...

You certainly are going through a low patch with your eyes and aches and now the mares. So sad. Hope the shadows flow eastward and vanish.